Leadership Development Strategist, Speaker & Author
Julianna Hynes, PhD
Dr. Julianna Hynes is a global leadership development and advancement strategist, coach, facilitator, and author. She is known for her expertise in women’s leadership.
Dr. Hynes effectively helps her clients shift from autopilot to a more purposeful and deliberate mindset, enabling them to build confidence, develop relevant leadership skills, become more professionally savvy and strategic, and position themselves for further advancement.
In her first job out of college, Dr. Hynes worked in a white-male-dominated organization. Being a driven, young, Black woman and recently divorced single mother in an assistant role was challenging enough. Working with leaders who led by command and control and fear and intimidation proved to be a daily struggle.
Although ambitious, Dr. Hynes found that having a degree and working hard wasn't enough to be seen and promoted. There were obscure barriers and uncommonly known strategies to getting ahead.
These early career experiences fueled Dr. Hynes’s passion for helping leaders be better at leading, as well as helping aspiring women leaders learn the tools and strategies to getting ahead.
Dr. Hynes earned her Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology and focused her dissertation on successful Black women leaders. She learned that having professional savvy, being a continuous learner, garnering the right support and accountability, and drafting and executing an actionable and measurable plan was the secret to advancement for any leader.
In her latest book, Leading on Purpose: The Black Woman's Guide to Shattering the Glass Ceiling, Dr. Hynes springboards off the lessons learned in her research and shares the principles, insights, and strategies needed to thrive professionally. This book is for diverse talent and their champions alike.
Dr. Hynes enjoys working with various professionals at various levels in their careers, from high-performing individual contributors to seasoned VPs, in industries such as healthcare and technology. She works with clients on developing key skills, building confidence, and shifting their mindsets to a more intentional way of leading.
Dr. Hynes' clients have reported significant results such as:
- Increased individual and team engagement and performance
- More effective communication with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Improved delegation and strategic thinking skills
- Stronger collaborative and professional relationships that lead to a greater ability to influence
- Positioning for roles with larger scope and responsibilities
- Demonstrating more executive presence as a result of building their confidence
Dr. Hynes has successfully integrated her passion, expertise, strengths, experience, drive, and ability to achieve countless personal and professional goals into an experience resulting in her clients feeling more engaged, empowered, confident, and seen as more effective leaders.
Representative engagements include:
- A high-potential operations leader at a healthcare organization transitioned into an executive role and wanted to develop her executive presence and establish a more senior-level brand. Coaching resulted in a more substantial, observable presence and increased confidence of the leader.
- A director of R&D at a technology company was taking on a larger team, and he wanted to learn how to be more strategic and less "in the weeds." Coaching resulted in a higher-performing team and promotion with a broader scope of work and responsibilities for the leader.
- An SVP of R&D at a life sciences company wanted to be a more effective communicator with his internal customers. Coaching resulted in better, more collaborative relationships for the leader and his team, which lead to higher productivity.
Contact Dr. Hynes for a free 30-minute consulting session.
Dr. Hynes has worked with leaders at all levels in industries such as Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, and Technology.
Her clients report amazing results, including:
- Increased individual and team performance in achieving organizational goals
- More effective communication with directs, peers, and senior execs
- Greater ability to delegate and free up time for more strategic duties
- More collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrated presence and increased confidence
- Promotions to roles with an expanded scope of work and responsibilities
You can depend on Julianna Hynes & Associates to help you develop your leadership skills to get to the next level in your career:
REPUTABLE – Dr. Julianna Hynes is a respected leader in her field and community.
EXPERIENCED – Our proudest accomplishment is the large number of clients who put their trust in us year after year.
INTEGRITY – Building a reputation of integrity takes years, but it takes only a second to lose. We don’t believe in cutting corners. The foundation of our reputation is our commitment to always do the right thing.
RESOURCES - We offer a wide variety of development programs built on timeless principles that get results.
CUSTOMIZABLE - All of our curricula can be customized to specifically address your individual and organizational needs.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We want you to be completely satisfied with our services. We will do whatever it takes to make you happy. No hassles, no problems.